Iyengar Yoga emphasizes body-mind wellness through strengthening postures that improves alignment, flexibility and balance. Lois has extensive experience teaching people with special needs, including those compromised by stoke, MS or other physical challenges. Haven, a Golden Doodle therapy dog in training, will be a special guest in April to inspire deep relaxation and demonstrate her downward dog posture! Chair yoga friendly!
ALL ages. In this inclusive and accessible class, everyone of all abilities are welcome!
(PLEASE NOTE: Ages 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Those who need personal assistance with mobility, hygiene, medicine etc. must be accompanied by an authorized assistant.)
$10 per participant.
Parents / guardians / personal assistants are welcome to stay and do not have to pay if not actively participating in the class.
What to bring:
– Clothing that is comfortable for moving around.
– Clean, comfortable footwear – socks or slippers are also fine.
– A yoga mat if you have one. We have some yoga mats, but not enough for everyone, so please ask if you would like to reserve one.
– (Optional) A water bottle is useful to stay hydrated! We also have water on-site.
– (Optional) Face masks are not required but are highly recommended.
Q: I need a ride, what are my options?
A: Our local public bus system offers on-demand rides! More information: https://www.bata.net/maps-schedules/link-on-demand/link-on-demand.html
(For informational purposes only. Arts for All is not affiliated with BATA and we are not responsible for your arrangements with BATA or any other transportation service.)
For questions or discounted tickets through our art scholarship program, please contact us:
– [email protected]
– Message us on our website – look for the blue message bubble in the bottom right corner: artsforallnmi.org
– Facebook Messenger: facebook.com/ArtsForAllNMI
– Instagram: @artsforallnmi